Take A Hop With Kangaroos!
Enjoy a walk or a hop through the Kangaroo Walk-About. Watch as kangaroos jump, leap, or enjoy a lazy nap in the sun. Be on the look out for mother kangaroos with joeys (baby kangaroos) in their pouches.
Did You Know?
- Red Kangaroos are the largest of all the kangaroos! Adult males can stand over 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds!
- When a kangaroo senses danger, it will thump its feet loudly to warn the others.
- Female kangaroos are smaller and faster than males, traveling at speeds up to 30mph!
- A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
- Baby kangaroos are born the size of a jellybean and travel into the mother's pouch to continue growing.
- Kangaroos cannot walk backwards.