Special rates are offered for public, private or home-school groups, consisting of students, teachers, and chaperones.
The school group must visit the park during the academic school year.
• March 11– June 9, 2017: Monday - Friday only.
• August 14 – November 26, 2017: Monday - Friday only.
To receive School Group rates, your visit should be scheduled 4-6 weeks in advance. Group Rate applies to groups of 15+
School Group Tours
60 minute guided Safari Wagon Tour. Wagons can hold 35 students total and adults.
We can accommodate most group sizes with our multiple wagons.
- 1/2 bucket of feed for each person.
- Wagon tours include SOL based animal information, presented by our knowledgeable drivers.
- Creature Encounter after your wagon tour with one of our friendly, hands-on creatures.
- Visit the Safari Village, Giraffe Feeding Station, petting area, and other animal exhibits.
- Use of covered picnic pavilion and restrooms.
- Trading Post Gift Shop - gifts and souvenirs to fit any student's budget.
Teachers / Bus Drivers: Free
Wagon Tour Times:
10:15am, 11:30am, 12:45pm, 2:00pm Mon - Fri.
School Lunch Packages Available
Special priced school lunches are available through our Watering Hole Cafe (when booked in advance).
Schedule Your School Group
Email reservation questions and requests to: email@example.com
What to include in your email:
Name of school
Name of contact
Number of participants
Date(s) of proposed trip (backup dates are helpful)
Preferred times (not always available)
For School Group pricing and to schedule your visit, please contact Sarah at (540) 291-3205, extension 106; Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
We recommend making reservations well in advance, as our school group
tour slots fill quickly.
Home School Groups...Special Home School Group Priced Days
Homeschoolers, enjoy a special home school rate on the following day: October 17th 2017
The price is $7.00 for children/student. $15.00 for parents.
Pack a picnic lunch, or have a great meal at the Watering Hole Cafe, or Pink Cadillac diner (located just minutes away from Virginia Safari Park).