Date Posted: 04/10/2023
The Virginia Safari Park is looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic person to assist in managing the Guest Services department and oversee retail orders. This is a full-time salaried position. Virginia Safari Park is the #1 Tourist Attraction of the Shenandoah Valley with matching levels of retail sales. The park operates in a very fast-paced atmosphere with a focus on guest satisfaction. This position reports directly to the Guest Services Manager and is based in Natural Bridge, Virginia.Position Responsibilities:
- Manage staff in your department and constructively enforcing all company policies.
- Handling high volume admission ticket sales.
- Overseeing crowd control type activities including but not limited to; parking, line cues, and directing foot traffic.
- End of day cash handling and deposits.
- Maintaining high standards of guest services throughout all operations.
- Strong communication skills with staff and customers
On-the-job training is provided for Park specifics as needed, but ideal candidate must bring equivalent experience to job requirements.Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in customer service/leadership/cash handling
- Strong computer skills with experience using Point of Sales systems and Excel
- Must be physically able to move, walk, stand, bend, lift up to 50 lbs and check on multiple guest service outlets throughout the shift
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (March-October season) are required. Flexible off-season scheduling (November-February)
- Must be a team player with excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to follow a personal and company uniform dress code requirements and maintain a valid driver’s license is required
- The Virginia Safari Park is a smoke-free environment
- Competitive salary, insurance, paid sick/vacation time, and 401k options available.
- Company insurance including vision and dental coverage options
- Paid sick/vacation time
- 401k options available
- Challenging, meaningful work to keep you engaged and your career moving forward
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000 - $42,000 per year
How To Apply
Interested applicants should
Applicants should e-mail resumes and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org