Back to Careers
Date Posted: 4/3/2023The Virginia Safari Park has immediate openings for guest services attendants in our gift shop and concessions. We are seeking motivated individuals that can be the first point of contact for our guests. The ideal candidate must be friendly and inviting, while working in a fast-paced environment. Weekends, holidays and school breaks are required. The park operates from the middle of March to end of November. Gift Shop attendants work with the guests in a friendly and personable manner on a day-to-day basis. Attendants work in concessions, admission ticketing and gift sales.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must have a desire to serve the public and be able to deal positively and effectively with the public.
- Must have good communication skills and actions.
- Must be a positive role model in behavior and actions.
- Must work weekends, holidays, and any school breaks.
- Be able to reach, stoop, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift 35lbs or more.
- Operating a cash register in the gift shop or booth selling rides, animal feed, gifts and concessions.
- Assisting in the set up of field trips and groups.
- Cleaning duties
- Food service
- Assisting visitors with questions or concerns
Past experience in customer service and/or retail a plus. On-the-job training provided, applicants must be friendly and detail-oriented, while working in a fast-paced environment. This is a seasonal position, full-time and part-time hours available.
This is a non-smoking facility. No visible tattoos or facial piercings are permitted. Pay to be determined based on experience.
Applicants should e-mail resumes and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org